Our community alarm service, Linkline has been operating for over 20 years, and helps residents remain independent in their own home, whilst giving them peace of mind. It is an effective means of summoning help in an emergency and is operational 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. It is particularly useful to any older or disabled person, especially those living alone or whose carer is away from home for long periods. It now caters for anyone who feels they could benefit from it, including victims of racial harassment and/or domestic violence.
How it works
Individuals can wear a pendant with an alarm button, activate the button on the base unit or utilise both. When the alarm is activated, an indicator light flashes and bleeps, and a connection is made via the telephone line to our control room which immediately identifies the caller and their details to the responding Linkline Officer. A two way speech link is created and the officer directly communicates with the user to ascertain the problem and assistance required. The Linkline Officer then takes any necessary action according to the service level people are signed up to.
The service levels open to Linkline users are listed below:-
|Bronze||£3.38 per week||Monitoring only service – if the service user activates the alarm we will contact nominated key holder to provide assistance.|
|Silver||£7.00 per week||Monitoring and Visiting Service – If the service user activates their alarm and a visit is required the Linkline service will attend to provide the required assistance.|
|Gold||£8.50 per week||Monitoring, visiting and a check call – As per the silver service and a weekly telephone call to check on well-being.|
Users of Linkline, need to provide details of at least two key holders when signing up to the bronze service who can be contacted in an emergency day or night to offer assistance. If signing up to the silver or gold service then keys to the property will need to be provided, these are held securely and coded.
The alarm unit is provided and installed by Linkline. It is a stand alone unit, approximately the size of a telephone. The alarm unit receives power from the electricity supply and should be left plugged in and switched on at all times. It is simple to install and the telephone can be used normally.
There is no installation charge and an inclusive weekly charge is stated in the table above. (correct as of July 2013), This does not cover the costs of telephone calls or telephone line rentals.
The Linkline service is available to respond to emergency alarm calls 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
All calls to and from the Linkline service are recorded to ensure we give an excellent service and the Linkline Coordinator does regular quality monitoring checks.
Benefits of having a Linkline alarm
The service offers you an immediate responsive service from a trusted organisation to assist you in an emergency.
Knowing someone is available to give support and arrange assistance in an emergency situation can often give people reassurance that helps maintain an independent lifestyle with peace of mind that help is easily reached.
Everyone has their own reasons for choosing to have the Hounslow Homes Linkline service. Some are:-
- Improved peace of mind
- A feeling of greater security
- Reduction in feelings of isolation
- Being able to summon assistance in an emergency
Anyone can apply to have an alarm. Particular groups of people who benefit are:-
- Older people
- People experiencing ill health
- People living with a disability
- Those living in fear of violence, or bogus callers
- Anyone who wants the reassurance of knowing they can contact someone in an emergency
Having an alarm installed
To get an alarm installed, all you need is
- a modern BT phone socket
- a 13 amp electrical socket that will take a three pin plug thats within 2 meters of your phone socket
- For the Bronze service - A minimum of two key holders who we can contact in an emergency. Generally these are friends or relatives you have arranged to hold your keys who can assist in an emergency day or night. For the Silver or Gold service – you will need to provide a spare set of keys to your property. These are coded and held securely.
You can arrange to have an alarm installed by calling 020 8583 4400
How it works
If you have any other questions or concerns regarding your alarm or well-being please do not hesitate to call the Linkline service. We are here to help. Linkline Telephone Number – 020 8583 4400
Our promises to Linkline customers
- Install alarms within 5 working days of request, providing all appropriate installation criteria is met
- Provide you with a 24 hour service 365 days a year
- Any complaints will be investigated as part of Hounslow Homes complaints procedure
- All personal details will be stored safely and confidentially
- We will contact you annually to check your details
How do I arrange to have an alarm installed?
Installations can be arranged by calling 020 8583 4400.
Other helpful information
Click on the links below to view more information about Linkline services and equipment