What is the future of Roofing?
There are many alternative materials to consider when upgrading the roof of your home, extension or shed. From slate tiles to metal roofing, there are many factors to consider when choosing yourself a new roof, but have you considered rubber roofing?
EPDM is the Number 1 Recommended Roofing Material
EPDM is a complex, synthetic rubber roofing membrane that is the most popular alternative compared to other roofing materials. But how does it compare to other roofing solutions?
Classic Roof Materials
Traditional roofing materials do have various benefits in terms of their appearance, but they may not be as practical as you think.
- Slate tiles are notoriously expensive to purchase, especially for a roof for a house or any other large structures. The cost for slate tiles usually cost thousands of pounds, and that doesn’t include installation costs either.
- Another factor to consider is whether the structure can actually support Slate tiles. Because slate tiles are a form of rock, a slate tiled roof weighs a lot, and without the necessary structure support, more costs will have to be considered to upgrade your building.
- Metal Roofing creates a lot of noise pollution. During bad weather, the metal material doesn’t absorb the sound of rain or hail, which could make it unpleasant to live with.
- Another thing to consider is a metal roofs’ performance. Depending on various climates, a metal roof is prone to deteriorate in the form of rust which can be highly expensive to repair.
- Concrete tiles are breakable. If a heavy branch or a misguided football shot lands on them, they could break or chip, and will cost more money to repair.
- Concrete tiles are also prone to weathering. Hailstorms could threaten the integrity of the roof if it gets damaged. Because concrete absorbs water, heavy rain could eventually lead to moss growing and degrading each tiles’ strength.
Why should I Choose ClassicBond EPDM Membranes?
Unlike alternative roofing materials, rubber roofing doesn’t have the same disadvantages.
It’s recognised as being one of the most durable and reliable material for flat roofs.
- Rubber roofing is far cheaper to buy and install compared to other roofing materials. As well as being cheaper to buy, rubber roofing requires little to no maintenance cost and isn’t prone to being damaged or chipped at.
Built to Last
- Rubber Roofing is expected to last in excess of fifty years. The ClassicBond EPDM Rubber Roofing membrane can withstand extreme weather conditions nor does it support moss or algae growth.
- EPDM rubber can be made through recycled materials. It is also a fantastic insulator meaning it’ll save you money on energy costs. Furthermore, because of its incredible durability, it reduces the need of disposing EPDM roofing systems in landfill sites.
Is Rubber Roofing suitable for My Needs?
EPDM rubber roofing is very versatile. It can be used for various structures such as sheds, garages, extensions or your home. You can buy ClassicBond EPDM rubber roofing from experienced roofing companies.
Compared to alternative materials, Rubber Roofing is the most popular roofing material in the UK. For whatever roofing project you are undertaking, EPDM rubber roofing is certainly the best material to use for your needs.