Tue, 08 February 2011
The Equalities Team ensures that Hounslow Homes meets all its duties under equalities legislation. Some of our work this year included:
The launch of the 'Street Sports' multi-sports programme with Brentford Football Club
- Internet Safety courses for parents and Radicalisation Awareness courses for staff with MPower Youth Project
- Increasing the number of reporting centres where residents can report race and disability hate crimes
- Reviewing our services for customers with learning difficulties in light of the Fiona Pilkington Case
- Undertaking 150 major adaptations and 200 minor adaptations for residents with disabilities
- Commissioning Wing Security to stop the misuse of disabled parking spaces on our estates
- Asking our customers 'Do you agree that people from different cultures and religions live without difficulty in your local neighbourhood?'- 73% of respondents agreed, compared to 84% nationally.
For further details regarding equalities work, please contact The Equalities Team on 020 8583 3762/4011.