Council homes are in high demand and the stock of available properties is low. Applicants in some circumstances can be registered and bidding for a property for a considerable length of time, in some cases years. There are many people on the housing register including homeless people who are in great need.
There are several schemes available to help you to improve your circumstances if your circumstances change:
- Locata - a choice based letting scheme for tenants that wish to transfer to another property
- Homeswapper - register your details and search for a mutual exchange/house swap
- Trading places - for tenants that wish to move to a smaller property
- Sheltered Housing - warden assisted housing
- Seaside and country homes scheme - transfer to a new home in the countryside or by the sea.
Applying for Housing
If you are currently not a Hounslow Homes tenant and need to apply for housing, you should contact the Housing Register Team on 020 8583 4422 and request an application form. You can also visit the Hounslow Council website for more information about applying for housing for the first time.
Applying for a transfer from one property to another
Existing tenants wishing to apply for a transfer from one property to another can contact the Customer Service Centre on 0800 085 65 75 for more information or to request an application form or visit your local housing reception to pick up a form.
Once we have received your application you will be given a banding and a Locata Identification Number (LIN) so that you can begin bidding for a property. For more information visit the Locata page.
Give your self more options by registering for Homeswapper and providing you have no arrears and are improving your situation (e.g. not under or over occupying). It's free to register on Homeswapper if you are a Hounslow Homes tenant.