Under the Employment Equality (Religion and Belief) Regulations (2003) discrimination, harassment and victimisation on the grounds of religion/belief is unlawful in employment and vocational training. The Equality Act 2010 provides that discrimination on the grounds of religion and/or belief in the provision of goods, facilities and services is also unlawful.
As a result, Hounslow Homes will endeavour to:
- eliminate discrimination and harassment on the grounds of religion (including lack of religion), religious belief.
- promote equality of opportunity for, and good relations between, people with different religious beliefs or similar philosophical beliefs.
As an employer, we will monitor, with reference to the religion of staff and staff with a religious belief or similar philosophical belief those who:
- are currently employed by the organisation;
- apply for employment, training and promotion;
- receive training;
- benefit or suffer detriment as a result of the organisations performance assessment procedures;
- are involved in Hounslow Homes grievance procedures;
- are the subject of disciplinary procedures; and
- cease employment with Hounslow Homes.
Hounslow Homes has employment monitoring arrangements in place relating to its equality duties and will continue to publish annual reports to the Board which will be available on our website.
In addition, Hounslow Homes will continue to work towards the following:
- Supporting the strategic vision for the organisation outlined above,
- Mainstreaming religion and belief equality within the service areas,
- Promoting community cohesion,
- Developing and extending our consultation and engagement with the community, partners and stakeholders,
- Ensuring that Equality Impact Assessments have meaning and impact from a faith equality perspective.
Taking a joined up perspective to equality - linking religion and belief equality actions to the other equality strands: age, race, gender (including trans-gender), sexual orientation and disability, which are progressed via the annual Equalities Action Plan.
For more information contact Narinder.Padwal@hounslowhomes.org.uk or call 020 8583 6740